Seegrid is the leading provider of connected self-driving vehicles for materials handling with hundreds of thousands of miles driven. The Seegrid Smart Platform combines flexible and reliable infrastructure-free vision guided vehicles with fleet management and enterprise intelligence data for a complete connected solution. Seegrid accelerates Industry 4.0 and lean initiatives with incremental automation, helping companies achieve a truly connected enterprise and transform into smart factories of the future.
Generating economic advantages and operational efficiencies, VGVs optimize workflow processes, increase productivity and throughput, and reduce labor and operating costs. VGVs improve workplace safety, reduce equipment and product damage, and deliver a rapid return on investment.
Seegrid currently has an opening for a Field Service Technician. The Field Service Technician is responsible to implement, validate robotic applications and facilitate on-going customer projects by providing advanced technical support. The Field Service Technician is responsible for instructing customers regarding operation, exception handling and providing immediate response to technical product issues and discrepancies as well as resolution plans.
- Perform corrective and preventative maintenance, software upgrades, and troubleshoot powered industrial vehicles, robotics and vision guided systems
- Provide on-site engineering or workarounds in critical situations, with support from engineering and others
- Respond effectively to customer service calls which may require travel on short notice
- Deploy robotic products into customer facilities and set up applications as defined
- Provide training to customer staff in safety, operation, troubleshooting and maintenance of powered industrial robotic vehicles
- Document status of on-going and completed projects via electronic reporting
- Maintain excellent customer relationships and build goodwill
Requirements and Experience:
- Associates degree in electrical/mechanical technology, or at least 3 years of experience in related field
- Ability to work long hours in noisy and busy environments
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Strong customer interface with commitment to customer satisfaction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good technical knowledge of Windows; proficient in Microsoft Office; experience with Linux strongly preferred
- Strong work ethic and willingness to learn
- Ability to travel extensively both domestically and internationally and maintain a clean driving record - Passport is required
- Must be a highly responsible individual who can work independently and with minimal supervision