Seegrid is the leading provider of connected self-driving vehicles for materials handling with hundreds of thousands of miles driven. The Seegrid Smart Platform combines flexible and reliable infrastructure-free vision guided vehicles with fleet management and enterprise intelligence data for a complete connected solution. Seegrid accelerates Industry 4.0 and lean initiatives with incremental automation, helping companies achieve a truly connected enterprise and transform into smart factories of the future.
Seegrid has an opening for a Mechanical Engineer. The Mechanical Engineer works closely with project teams to conceive, design and implement new products and features and debug the complex, multi-disciplinary issues that arise when robots and humans interact, working with all aspects of Seegrid’s products. This position is a key part of our engineering organization and requires clear communication with individuals from different backgrounds as work progresses from design, systems engineering and production to final delivery.
- Perform design, layout, testing and evaluation of mechanical and electromechanical devices and systems.
- Perform product development activities including interpretation of specifications and documentation of requirements.
- Assist in engineering projects by analyzing then creating designs from concept sketches.
- Assist in design reviews and participate in the transition of designs to manufacturing and service.
- Develop electromechanical assemblies, devices and controls for robotic vehicles.
- Fabrication, modification, and evaluation of components or assemblies.
- Conceive and implement solutions to complex problems.
- Assist in verifying designs against system or product specifications as well as debugging and troubleshooting hardware.
- Write design documentation for new features and changes.
- Work remotely with field personnel to evaluate issues and failures to determine root cause.
- Concept development and analysis using engineering principles.
Requirements and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline with 2+ years of experience.
- 3D parametric modeling and drafting (Autodesk Inventor Preferred), 2D Drafting (Autocad)
- Production Documentation including Assemblies and BOM’s
- Strong experience in electromechanical and machine design required. Desire experience in design for manufacture, sheet metal design.
- Experience with product design, including manufacturing methods, revision control and functional performance is required
- Detail-oriented and demonstrated understanding and discipline of applying engineering fundamentals.
- Personable, with great written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a self-starter with a can-do attitude, comfortable and demonstrating flexibility in working in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Experience in configuration control (both repository management and design cut-in)
- Experience and maturity indicative of an individual who can lead and mentor small teams (including cross-functional) with the potential to grow into a management / leadership position
- Control Systems & Dynamics
- Familiar with Standards
- Material Handling Equipment
- Stress analysis
- Vibration analysis
- Experience in optics
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Seegrid is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.